Sunday, July 11, 2010

Thesis Questions



Thesis Questions
1) B, I choose (B) as the weakest thesis, although it sounds like a well informed person making and argument, it’s narrow in the topic, The person choose to base herself on one part of the paper instead of the whole article, which I think makes it a weak thesis.
2) A, I choose (A) because although I feel it covers the topic, it misses on the second part of the article, the danger of replacing one’s own thoughts with those of others.
3) A, I choose (A) Because I feel that although it’s important information the thesis gives, it’s better fitted as supporting evidence. The thesis is to specific to a topic and over shadows the other good information; as not important.
4) A, It was hard to make a choice on this one. The reason I choose (A) is simple, (B) is the same as (A) but more descriptive with its word choice, that’s about all, and I felt it sounded better.
5) (A), This too was a tricky one but I choose (A) because I feel (B) does a better job at describing the same thesis, with less word, and less opinion.

Handmaid Tales
1) Why were their tourists, in what I call woman compounds?
I think that the tourists are there to promote peace between neighboring regimes. And as to the different way of styles of life, between the tourist and the residing people, it could be due to different ruling.
2) I believe the first portion of Atwood’s books is about a post apocalyptic war existence, were the women have become infertile, new regimes have taken control over sectors of survivable land, and have imposed their ruling to the surviving few.
3) I think this is a good thesis because it would answer some mysteries in the book. War, has been mentioned in the book, could be an answer to as why tourist come, for alliances. Post apocalyptic could be answer to the infertility mention in the book; some religious factor could be involved to the infertility, or the infertility caused by the byproduct of the war. And as to the regime I feel could answer to the way the soldiers are trained to behave to their position held, the not talking to women, unless given one by the husband, definition of regime in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment