Friday, July 16, 2010

“The Handmaids Tale” By Margaret Atwood Proposal


Because this book reminds me of the way Middle Eastern culture, the ways in how women are treated as cattle, I what to research why Middle Eastern culture. Why they treat women as they do? Why the women oblige to this demining ways? And maybe find a woman’s first hand opinion on these customs. It’s because through thee reading of this novel I kept asking myself, why don’t the women just banned together and change their circumstance? Why do they let them self get pushed around? I was disliking the book for the way they present the women, “gutless, dumb” for lack of a better word. So I feel that if I learn of the reason why the women cooperated to the situation that makes them inferior, and do nothing about it, I can apply it to the book.
I especially choose Muslim ways, first being that it’s a close resemblance to the way women are treated in Atwood’s book, secondly that their ways of living are being scrutinized lately because of the devastating terrorist attacks I the United States. So searching for these reasons could help me find empathy for the book, the men and the women, and I learn the fact to the ways of Middle Easter traditions.
http://www.religionfacts.com/islam/index.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment