Friday, July 9, 2010

Mid-ter Checkin


Dear, Mrs. Darrow
The greatest challenge your class has presented to me is trust, trust in myself. I’m fresh out of English, 101, and I had a bad experience in it. I was told over and over that my writing wasn’t good enough, but now confronted with literary analysis, I feel I have to be confident in my writing to be able to do a good job. My biggest success in your class has to be, getting comfortable with technology. I would never had ever imagined myself, posting a videos online, blogging, or even learning how to. In the past most writing for me has been either personal writing or research writing, and mostly for school, and almost never literary. Literary analysis to me is the better side of writing, you get a little of both world, you analyze text, learn the text, and get to write about it, and sometimes give your opinion, the “holy grail” in writing for me.
When it comes to class readings, I have enjoyed every article and book. I especially enjoyed the soldier, war, spin on some of them. The soldier’s point of view in the stories has opened my mind to the soldier side of war, something I never thought of. But as to the Handmaid Tales, I can’t decipher what’s going on, although I’m enjoying every minute of it.
What I hope for the second half of the semester is locking in a “B”. Maybe writing some more, reading some more, and having to post less links and images on the blogs, I’m having a hard trouble with them; I can’t get the links to work. But I would not change much I enjoying your class a lot, and that’s hard for me to say about an English class.

No comments:

Post a Comment